Monday, March 15, 2010

The Captain's Family....

The toilet has been parked at our co-captain's (Sarah) grandparents house.  So, world meet Herb and Rose.  If you've been reading the blog, you'd know that's Nancy in the middle.  She was the first recipient of the PPP.

I think the toilet will be moving again today.  But in the meantime, I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce you to our co-captain Sarah and her husband, Scott.

Okay, I'll admit to being partial on this one because Scott is my son and Sarah is my daughter-in-law.

Before you look at the pictures, I have to tell you Scott hates having his picture taken.  Seriously, it was like pulling teeth to get him to stand still for pictures when he and Sarah got married.

It's time to meet one of the captains.  I was going to say half the brains of the team but that doesn't sound very good so I'll hush up now and print what she has to say in her introduction.
Hello everyone!  I'm Sarah and Co-captain of Walker for Knockers.  I began this team with Brittany after some life altering events.  This year, breast cancer hit too close to home.  That left me with an overwhelming urge to do something positive.

On June 26th, you'll catch me doing a million things for our team.  I'll be on the track whenever I'm needed, along with fundraisers and activities during our relay.

Here's a picture of my hubby, Scott.  As our resident late-bird, he'll be out there during the night hours of the relay.  I'm planning on having a great time while raising awareness and funds for the American Cancer Society.

See you all on the track!
Last but not least.................


Remember, if you would like to donate directly to our team you go to:


Click on 'Three ways to Donate' and then select if you are looking for a team member or our team in general. Type in 'Walkers for Knockers' or the name of the person you want to contribute to and you'll be taken directly to our donation page.

If you prefer, you can contact Sarah or Brittany at Walkersforknockers2010@yahoo.com and they'll be happy to accept your cash or check donation.  Also, they can answer any questions you might have about our team and events.

No comments:

Post a Comment